Friday, October 22, 2010

START A BUSINESS

Starting a business is an exciting journey. Succeeding in a business of your own requires the knowledge necessary to provide the service and or the product.

But more than anything it requires a mindset prepared for change.

When starting a business you need to consider your way of being. You need to know who you are not, so you can find a business that’s right for you.

The irony of the old adage “I’ve got to find myself” is that you never will. If you search long enough, what you will discover is you’ve been there all along. What you will find instead is what you’re not.

It seems to be deduction, not introspection that gets us closer to our true calling. Deduction from “being” not solely analyzing. Solving something doesn’t come from analyzing it. It comes from being with it.

You learn about you by being you. For me it just always “felt right” when I “found myself” helping people with business advice in starting a business and running their businesses.

Starting A Business – A Personal Perspective
A real life example would be years back as a cash strapped, stressed out entrepreneur, I took a job and within days of being there, I began feeling chest pains. I am convinced it was my body’s cry to run (not walk) to the nearest exit (and I did).

I was trying to be something I just wasn’t. I’ve been self employed since I was 18 and it was deadly to go the other way. Starting a business was part of who I was.

So consider that business success is measured by money usually by those that don’t really have it. Success is measured by athletic achievements usually by those that don’t wear the gold medal.

Business Success Is Defined By You
Recognize that success is when you have answered your passion doing what you were meant to do at this stage of your journey. Be careful to recognize what that truly is. Be careful to “do you” not someone else’s version of success.

Starting a business requires introspective focus. Business opportunities are there – you just need to see them in yourself.

At the end of the day you have to be good with what you’re sharing with the world. You have to be happy with that product or that service you offer because if you’re not, your customers will find a reason to be unhappy with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment